Housing Disrepair

Housing Disrepair Solicitors in Manchester, Blackburn and Lancashire

Housing Disrepair claims consist of tenants taking action against their Landlord for not completing repairs, despite being aware of the same. If you rent your property, and your home is suffering with outstanding repairs that your Landlord has failed to rectify, you may be entitled to compensation. You must have notified your Landlord of the issues at the property and given them a reasonable time to fix the problems. When you start your Housing Disrepair claim, we will write to your Landlord setting into motion the relevant procedure. We will also arrange, along with your Landlord, for an inspection to take place at your property so we can obtain expert evidence regarding the issues.

It is important to remember that your Landlord has duties; if they allow your property to fall into a state of disrepair they are breaching terms of the tenancy. We understand that constantly making complaints which do not get actioned can be frustrating and upsetting.

If you believe your home is suffering with disrepair which your Landlord is responsible for, contact us on 01254 297 130 to speak with a housing disrepair expert to see if we can assist. We will force your Landlord to complete the repairs and will look to obtaining compensation for the inconvenience caused as a result of the disrepair, and for any damaged items.


If you have any queries please contact 01254 297 130 and ask to speak to a member of the housing disrepair team.”