Marriage Allowance Tax Rebate Claims

Start your free claim now?

Simplicity at its finest

All you need to do is complete the online form below to find out if you can claim.


Why Curtis Law Solicitors?

We work on a no rebate, no fee basis.
Our qualified team members have over 30 years of combined experience

You cannot afford to miss this.
Start your tax rebate journey today.

Once you have submitted the online form, a member of the team will be in touch to let you know whether you can claim, who will invite you to become a client of Curtis Law. An agreement plus a claim form will be sent to you to check and sign. We will then submit your claim to HMRC. To request the maximum applicable income tax rebate on your behalf.

Who is entitled to it?

Marriage Allowance lets you transfer £1,260.00 of your personal allowance to your husband, wife or civil partner. This reduces their tax by up to £252.00 in the tax year (6 April to 5 April the next year). To benefit as a couple, the lower earner must normally have an income below your Personal Allowance - this is usually £12,570. When you transfer some of your Personal Allowance to your husband, wife or civil partner you might have to pay more tax yourself, but you could still pay less as a couple. You can benefit from Marriage Allowance if all the following apply:


  •        You are married or in a civil partnership
  •        You do not pay Income Tax or your income is below your Personal Allowance (usually £12,570)
  •        Your partner pays Income Tax at the basic rate, which usually means their income is between £12,571 and £50,270 before they receive Marriage Allowance

You cannot claim Marriage Allowance if you’re living together but you’re not married or in a civil partnership. You can backdate your claim to include any tax year since 5 April 2018 that you were eligible for Marriage Allowance. Your partner’s tax bill will be reduced depending on the Personal Allowance rate for the years you’re backdating.

We are unable to give you any financial advice as to whether claiming Marriage Allowance is the right thing for you to do. You may wish to consult with an independent financial advisor before you proceed.



Get free, no-obligation advice

Error loading Partial View script (file: ~/Views/MacroPartials/InsertUmbracoForm.cshtml)