Conveyancer Training Progression
Are you currently a conveyancing assistant? Are you looking to progress your conveyancing career?
Here at Curtis Law we have developed a specialised training programme which will help you move from being a Conveyancing assistant to a fully-fledged Conveyancer handling your own case load.
During the Training Programme candidates will cover
The Training Programme will include regular class-room based training sessions that will be followed by practical hands-on on the job learning and will cover the following areas:
- Initial stages of sales and purchases, taking instructions from clients and drafting contracts
- Title checking, including reviewing deeds, dealing with enquires on both sale and purchase matters
- Reporting to clients in respect of mortgage offers, contract reports and general updates
- Pre Completion stages, including exchanging Contracts, financial statements and final searches, then ultimately the completion of a sale or purchase
- Post completion stages which will include applications to the Land Registry to register the property, how to use the Land Registry online portal, dealing with requisitions raised by the land registry and mortgage discharges
Here at Curtis Law Solicitors, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the leading people in the Conveyancing world. With our in-house training programme we’ll ensure that you are kept up to date with all the industry changes, ensuring you’re always one step ahead.
Curtis Law are also a full service law firm which will allow you to work with colleagues from other departments to expand your specialisms within property law.
The role will entail working with high quality work from local estate agents and clients. We have full administrative support with separate teams to deal with quotes, file opening and post completion work.
Department Duties including assisting with:
- Undertake and supervise fee earning work in Residential Conveyancing and supervise/deputise in the Conveyancing department.
- Ensure the successful development of the firm in line with the strategy identified in the business plan.
- To administer all aspects of Residential Conveyancing on behalf of clients.
Areas of work including assisting with:
- Transfers of equity
- New build purchases
- Sales and purchases of part
Duties including assisting with:
- Drafting letters and legal documents
- Checking title documents to properties
- Liaising directly with other parties with enquiries/relies
- Undertaking searches with Local Authority, Land Registry etc.
- Reporting to clients with relevant information on their transaction and advising clients where necessary
- Attending upon clients to sign legal documents
- Drawing up completion statements
- Agreeing dates with all parties and exchanging Contracts
- Arranging the transfer of monies on completion
- Submitting stamp duty forms and registering documents at Land Registry
- Complying with Solicitors Accounts Rules and Rules of Professional Conduct of solicitors
- Exercising high standards of client care at all times
- Management of own support staff/secretary if applicable
- Participation in marketing activities and active promotion of the firm
- Financial control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures on own matters
- Ensuring confidentiality and security of Firm’s and client’s documentation and information
- Carrying out any other duties relevant to the position as and when required by the Partners of the Firm.
- Have experience of assisting within a residential conveyancing department of a Licenced conveyancing firm or solicitors firm
- Have experience of using a case management system
- Responsible for self-development and comply with relevant training requirements by the Law Society and in-house training when required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on your own initiative and make decisions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise effectively
What we offer
In exchange for your dedication, Curtis Law Solicitors will offer you an open plan, relaxed and stimulating working environment with constant new challenges to push and develop you into a leading Conveyancer.
- Financial and annual leave bonuses
- Free Car parking
- Flexible Hours
- Internal training programme
And for those individuals who are looking to qualify as a solicitor, upon successful completion of our training programme there will be the opportunity to acquire a Training Contract (within a 2 year period of working for Curtis Law).
To start the next chapter of your career please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch shortly.
We will look forward to hearing from you!