In good hands…
At Curtis Law Solicitors, our expert Residential Property Solicitors are aware and familiar with Deed of Gift and the Transfer of Equity between family members and loved ones. But what is the difference?
A Deed of Gift or is a legal document that allows you to give property to another person as a gift, transferring ownership without a monetary exchange taking place.
Whereas a Transfer of Equity transaction is where the legal ownership of a property changes hands but the original owner remains on the title – for example a couple could transfer their property to sole ownership or another person could be added to the title.
Understanding the process
Most Deed of Gift transfers take place between family members and as such transferring the property must be executed as a Deed as no consideration is given in return for the gift.
With this in mind, the document is witnessed by disinterested parties who have no stake in the transfer of the property due to issues surrounding conflict of interests.
Giving a gift such as property can have several Inheritance Tax implications which we can further advise you on, such as if the donor lives for seven years or more after making the gift they will be exempt from paying this.
Our service includes:
- Fixed Fees – Advance knowledge of charges, no hourly rates or hidden fees
- Price Match Policy – A first class service at a reasonable price, plus our price match policy, we will match any like for like quotation.
- Home Visits – No need to take time off work, our dedicated team can arrange to visit your home at a time that is convenient to you, 7 days a week.
- Updates and easy access – Keeping you up-to date at the matter proceeds, making ourselves available should you wish to speak to us.
- Case tracking – Online case tracking enables you to view the progress of your matter at any time.
- Working to your time scales – We acknowledge you often have time limits to comply with and we manage the transaction to ensure deadlines are met where possible.
- Legal representatives that speak your language – English, Punjabi, Gujarati, Urdu, Hindi and Bengali
Contact our Conveyancing Solicitors
Contact Curtis Law Solicitors today and we'll provide you with the right Conveyancing advice you need.
Contact our dedicated conveyancing hotline now on:
01254 914171 or FREE Phone: 0333 240 0103
You can also text "CURTIS" to 82727 and we'll call you back.