As one of the region’s leading Conveyancing practices, we are offering all our new conveyancers a ‘golden hello’ welcome that includes a lump sum payment of £1000 when you join us. The payment will be made to you upon joining the practice*.
Curtis Law Solicitors is a modern, multi-award winning, leading legal practice with multiple offices, the head office is located in the heart of Lancashire in Blackburn.
Here at Curtis Law Solicitors, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the leading people in the Conveyancing world. With our in-house training programme we’ll ensure that you are kept up to date with all the industry changes, ensuring you’re always one step ahead.
Curtis Law are also a full service law firm which will allow you to work with colleagues from other departments to expand your specialisms within property law.
The role will entail working with high quality work from local estate agents and clients. We have full administrative support with separate teams to deal with quotes, file opening and post completion work.
- Undertake and supervise fee earning work in Residential Conveyancing and supervise/deputise in the Conveyancing department.
- Ensure the successful development of the firm in line with the strategy identified in the business plan.
- To administer all aspects of Residential Conveyancing on behalf of clients.
Areas of work
- Transfers of equity
- New build purchases
- Sales and purchases of part
- Drafting letters and legal documents
- Checking title documents to properties
- Liaising directly with other parties with enquiries/relies
- Undertaking searches with Local Authority, Land Registry etc.
- Reporting to clients with relevant information on thier transaction and advising clients where necessary
- Attending upon clients to sign legal documents
- Drawing up completion statements
- Agreeing dates with all parties and exchanging Contracts
- Arranging the transfer of monies on completion
- Submitting stamp duty forms and registering documents at Land Registry
- Complying with Solicitors Accounts Rules and Rules of Professional Conduct of solicitors
- Exercising high standards of client care at all times
- Management of own support staff/secretary if applicable
- Participation in marketing activities and active promotion of the firm
- Financial control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures on own matters
- Ensuring confidentiality and security of Firm’s and client’s documentation and information
- Carrying out any other duties relevant to the position as and when required by the Partners of the Firm.
- Have experience of assisting within a residential conveyancing department of a Licenced conveyancing firm or solicitors firm
- Have experience of using a case management system
- Responsible for self-development and comply with relevant training requirements by the Law Society and in-house training when required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on your own initiative and make decisions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise effectively
What we offer
In exchange for your dedication, Curtis Law Solicitors will offer you an open plan, relaxed and stimulating working environment with constant new challenges to push and develop you into a leading Conveyancer.
- Financial and annual leave bonuses
- Free Car parking
- Flexible Hours
- Internal training programme
To start the next chapter of your career please send your CV to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch shortly.
*Please note that should you leave the practice in the first 6 months of employment you will be required to repay the golden hello payment of £1000.