Commercial Leases - Advice for new Tenants
21 June 2018
A significant number of businesses rent commercial premises by agreeing a lease with the landlord. A lease is a contract, it can be a lengthy document contain onerous obligations. Any tenant entering into a lease should consider the following:-
- Is planning permission required?
- What is the term of the lease?
- Is there a right to break the lease?
- Are the premises suitable for the intended use?
- Is the level of rent fair?
- Do the premises require alteration?
- What are the maintenance obligations?
- Are there any rent review clauses?
- Is VAT payable on the rent?
- Is Land and Buildings Transaction Tax payable?
If you need advice regarding commercial leases, please contact the expert team at Curtis Law on 01254 297130